Safrican and African Rainbow Life will be merging.
"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success!"
As you may know, the anticipated merger of Safrican and African Rainbow Life (ARL) was recently announced.
The reasons for the merger are as follows:
- The businesses are complementary in nature: Safrican has over 80 years’ experience in running Group’s business, and ARL focuses on individual retail policies.
- Public benefit: The merged entity will be best placed to meet the needs of both existing and new customers.
- Leverage growth prospects: The combination of our two businesses will allow us to grow sustainably into the future and reach even more South Africans.
Thank you for trusting us with your business, we assure you of our continual commitment as we finalise the merge.
Frequently Asked Questions about the merger:
- As a Safrican/ARL customer, what does this mean for the policy I have from you?
– All customer policies remain in force, and any benefits will continue to be honoured by Safrican/ARL.
– Safrican has sufficient capital to meet customers benefits for the future, including honouring benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
– You will continue to be serviced by Safrican and contact us in the same way.
– You will continue to be serviced by ARL and contact us in the same way.
- This whole merger is confusing and concerning to me.
– We can assure you that your benefits will continue to be honoured, and there will be minimal impact to them as a result of the merge.
– The businesses are complementary in nature, and Safrican and ARL are coming together to unlock the potential of both businesses.
– Safrican boasts with a rich history and is primarily group business focused. ARL is young, agile, digitally enabled and primarily retail focused.
– Together we want to continue serving all our customers in the best way possible.
- When will the merge take place?
– As soon as the necessary approvals have been received, we will announce a merge date and next steps. For now, we will continue to operate as we are.