How to keep your personal information secure
- Never give your online banking passwords or usernames to anyone
- Always type safrican.co.za in your browser if you want to visit our website.
- Be cautious of company names with web-based email addresses, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org, @hotmail.com, @gmail.com, @ymail.com.
- Review your online banking transactions regularly and report any transactions that you didn’t initiate to your bank.
- If you haven’t entered any competitions don’t believe any notifications or claims that you have won a prize and be very cautious of any links that might come attached to these notifications.
When in doubt about a transaction or a notification that appears to come from Safrican please notify us via email on email@example.com or by giving us a call on 010 880 5055.
When will we ask for your information?
Remember Safrican advisors/call center agents may ask for the following details during the sales process:
- Your full name
- ID number
- Contact number
- Your bank account number note that this will only be completed in two cases:
- When you buy a new product and our advisor needs to setup your debit order
- If you change bank about details and a new debit order needs to be set up
Our advisors will never, under any circumstances, ask you for your banking username and or password to verify your banking profile.
Security Software and keeping your devices up to date
We take security seriously. Your privacy and safety are maintained by our tested systems and processes. As an internet user, you must ensure that your system is up to date and that you have the latest browser and network security software downloaded onto your device to protect it against malware.
Be careful out there!